Even though it’s snowing and cold with more snow and cold on the way, I’m starting to think about what the fashion trends will be for the coming year.
Before we know it, they spring lines will be showing up in the stores, so let’s take a look at what the Huffington Post predicts will be popular this year.
1. The ‘90s Examples are metallic-embellished denim, flannel shirts and overalls – that’s right, overalls.
2. Artful Color From bright splashes of pop-art color to regal combinations, 2014 will be the year to play with it!
3. The Button-Up From loose-fitting and sexy to men’s-wear inspired, I love this look. One of my favorite spring/summer looks for the weekend is white cropped pants with a tank and a button-up (I still call them “button downs”) worn unbuttoned like a jacket.
4. Metallics Silver, gold, copper – dresses, jackets, jumpsuits, this look takes some courage. However, I’m thinking of trying out a pair of gold Oxfords or a big metallic shoulder bag.
5. Athletic Sports bra-inspired crop tops, sweatshirt dresses, mesh t-shirts. Hmmm…
6. Pastels Don’t think “baby”, this trend is used strategically. Very feminine, it’s used to scale down dramatic. So you can have a power suit or chemise dress in light pink or blue with white trim that can handle any board meeting. Or use pastels as accents by means of accessories.
7. Cropped Jackets Short, boxy and oversized. Just be careful that it fits your body shape.
8. Wide-Legged Pants I love these in linen for the weekend. I can see several of these hanging in my closet.
9. Tea-Length Skirts I’m SO EXCITED about this trend. A 55-year-old with freakishly long legs just can’t get away with the above-the-knee skirt length. I can’t wait to go shopping!
10. Shift Blouse The shift blouse is a boxy, dressy t-shirt that can be worn with a skirt as a suit, with jeans or shorts for a more casual look, or can be worn under a jacket for a different look. So which one(s) of these will you be trying?
Does anything strike your fancy?